Have you asked Jesus into your heart?
If you haven’t and you are ready to accept Jesus as your savior and and be saved, here are the steps you need to follow. This is call the Roman Road to Salvation. It is a simple, biblical guide to what it means to be saved and how to be saved.
The Roman Road to Salvation
Step1: Admit that you are a sinner.
Romans 3:23: “For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God.”
We are all born into sin. We begin life under sin’s control. You’re not alone. The step now is to change, and the first step to change and new life is to admit the problem.
Step 2: Understand that sin has consequences.
Romans 6:23a: “For the wages of sin is death…”
Recognize that sin results in death. While death of the body is faced by everyone because of the original sin, without salvation you will face spiritual death that will separate you from God in the end of days.
Step 3: Ask God to forgive you and save you.
Romans 6:23b: “…but the free gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord.”
Salvation is a gift from God to you! There’s nothing you can do to earn it. All you have to do is ask and you will receive it.
Step 4: Give your life to God.
Romans 5:8: “…but God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.”
Though we did not deserve it, God sent his only son to die on the cross to save us. He is a gracious and merciful God!
Step 5: Call upon the name of Jesus!
Romans 10:13: “For whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved.”
Call out to the one who gave it all for you. Without Jesus, you cannot be saved. John 14:6 says: “Jesus said, ‘I am the way, the truth, and the life; no one comes to the Father except through me.”
Step 6: Ask Jesus into your heart.
Romans 10:9-10: “If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.”
In order to receive salvation, you must believe that Jesus is Lord and that God raised him from the dead on the third day. You must confess this with your mouth.
If you are ready to accept Jesus as your Lord and Savior and gain the eternal life He has promised, pray this prayer of salvation:
God, I come to you in the name of Jesus. I know that I have sinned. I know I deserve death for my sin. Without your grace and salvation, I would be lost. I am sorry for my sins and the life that I have lived. Please, forgive me and cleanse my heart.
I believe your son gave his life on the cross to save me from my sins. I believe that he rose again and that He is the Lord. I know that you are God alone. Jesus, come into my heart. I accept you as my savior.
Thank you, Lord, for your unfailing love and amazing grace. Thank you for dying on the cross for me so that I may have eternal life.
Lord, I’m giving you my life because you gave your life for mine. Because of your great love, I can live, so I want to live for you.
Jesus, in your great name,
Salvation is the first step in a lifelong walk with God. Just like with any journey, you can’t just take the first step and stop and still expect to reach the goal at the end. You must keep moving forward. You have to keep working towards your goal. Now that you have taken the first step, we at TTWM want to help you continue your journey with God so that you can strengthen your faith. Please, talk to us if you have any questions. We are here for you.
But don’t stop there. There are several other steps you can take to draw closer to God and strengthen your relationship with Him.
- Pray daily.
- Set aside at least 15 minutes a day to pray. No distractions. No noise. Just you and God. Remember, prayer isn’t just you talking to God; it’s supposed to be a conversation with God. Make sure you take the time to listen.
- Get into the Word.
- Read at least one scripture a day.
- Find a Bible reading plan that works for you. Whether it’s a plan to read the whole Bible or a topical plan that fits your needs, having a plan helps.
- Find a church near you.
- Church isn’t a place for the “perfect Christian.” Perfect Christians don’t exist. We are all broken and struggling. Church is a hospital where you can go and get fixed up. It is a place to be with fellow Christians who can help you in your walk, to be fed the Word, and to draw closer to God. You may not find the church for you on the first try. Don’t be afraid to visit several. Pray about your choices so that you can be led to the best choice for you.
- Get an accountability partner.
- An accountability partner is a fellow Christian who is the same gender and of similar age as you whom you trust. This is someone who will support you and encourage you through your walk with God. You should feel comfortable coming to your accountability partner when you mess up, so that you can talk about what happened and pray together.
- You can find more about accountability partners here.
- Get a mentor.
- Having a mentor means having someone more spiritually experienced than you who can help guide you through your Christian walk. This person should be someone you feel comfortable going to with questions about your faith and the ins and outs of how to live a Godly life. Again, preferably, your mentor should be someone of the same gender.
- You can find more about having a mentor here.
- Clean your house.
- Once you decide to live a godly life, it is important to get rid of the things in your life that draw you away from God. Remove yourself from the situations that you know don’t line up with biblical principles. If something makes you feel farther away from God, it doesn’t need to be a part of your life. This is possibly the hardest part of living a godly life. Sometimes – most of the time, really – you have to let go of some things you love because, in the end, they are detrimental to your spiritual health. Taking this step is a big reason it is important to have a mentor and an accountability partner because they can help you, and don’t forget to pray because your main source of strength and help should be God. He is the one who has all the answers.
If you have given your heart to God today, please email us at email@example.com.