It’s the first day of 2014! As we start a whole new year, look at it as the chance to start over.
If you’ve been struggling with your faith or feel like you’ve lost touch with God completely, today is the day to turn it all around. He hasn’t gone anywhere! Hit your knees and pray, grab your Bible and read, go to church. It’s time to get back to the true purpose of life: serving Him!
Today is the day to start diving deeper into God! Find something you can do every day to draw you closer to Him.
Here are a few suggestions:
- Read at least one scripture a day. (Join me in this one. It’s simple and incredibly easy, especially if you have a Bible app on your phone.)
- Start a Bible reading plan. It doesn’t have to be the whole Bible. Find one that fits your needs.
- Set aside at least 15 minutes a day to pray. No distractions. No noise. Just you and God.
- Take the Christian music challenge: listen to nothing but Christian music. KLOVE‘s is 30 days, but you can choose to go for as long as you want.
- Get some friends together and start a Bible study group. Having fellowship with other Christians is an important part of our walks in faith. It’s easier to stay strong when you have people by your side supporting you who believe what you do.
- Go to church, as often as you can. If you can’t go, have your own church where you are. Some churches broadcast their services online (like Breezewood Church, here: http://www.breezewoodchurch.org/sermons.html).
There are many, many more things that may work for you. Pray about it. God will lead you right.
I pray that 2014 brings great things for each of you, that we will walk together in Christ, each following His purpose over our lives. I pray that God places His hand of protection of each of us, that whenever we face trials in this new year we will feel safe and know we can depend on Him. God, let our lives shine Your light in everything we do. To You goes the highest praise. Amen.